Opening: President-Elect Vince Colaluca called on Ron Carroll for the invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and God Bless America.
Visitors: Debbie Liptak of Boardman Rotary and the The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County.
Song leader was Richard Begalla.
District Conference is 5/2 and 5/3.
Roadside Cleanup on Kirk Road is this Saturday, May 10. Meet at Smith Corners Church at 9am.
Bike Night at Quaker Steak and Lube Austintown is May 15
District Assembly is 5/17 at Salem Community Center.
Relay for Life is 6/13 and 6/14 at Austintown Township Park. Volunteers needed for the Survivor Dinner. We will look into the Ametuers Radio Group to help with Parking. Contact Brian Frederick for more details.
Rotary Minute: Chuck Baker spoke about a recent Rotarian article about Vending machines. Did you know that in Italy, vending machines can make a pizza from scratch in about three minutes? Here’s the full article.
Fellowship: Fines were handed out to Richard Begalla (for his song choice), and Gary Reel (for his joke/story about the “fat lady singing”)
Raffle: Tracie Kaglic won $8, but no luck on the Queen of Hearts.
Ms. Liptak thanked the club for their support of the Summer Reading Program, and provided some insight into exciting Library programs such as:
– “Pop Up” Book Trucks and Tents – The Library supports a mobile effort to bring Library resources to the community. Read more HERE.
– Upcoming summer “front lawn concerts” at the Main Library in Youngstown. Tentatively scheduled for Fridays at NOON.
– The Friends of Library program, with our own Gary Reel serving as President. Find out more HERE.
– The Summer Reading Club, designed to encourage youth reading and literacy. You can find out about registration and prizes, including a free Dairy Queen ice cream cone just for signing up, at their website.
Debbie ended her talk with a few highlight, including:
– Austintown is the #1 circulation library
– TONS of content is available NOW for DOWNLOAD, check it out.
…and she wanted to remind everyone that with the Mahoning County Library System…ALL libraries are YOUR libraries.
Find out more: Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County